Prince's Trust Canada is excited to announce a new programming partnership with BCIT!
Please join us on September 11th from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. PDT for an information session!
Through BCIT’s new Associate Certification in Construction of Mass Timber Structures program launching in October 2022, carpenters and ironworkers will have the chance
to participate in a nine-month upskilling program to contribute to a more sustainable future.
Prince’s Trust Canada is forming a cohort of four to eight interested learners from equity deserving groups, which we will support through value-added programming and financial support.
Working online and in-person, Prince’s Trust Canada cohort program is designed to provide students with additional technical knowledge in mass timber construction and construction management of projects, emphasizing the installation and practical skills in the on-site installation of the structures. Additional cohort sessions will also focus on problem-solving, creativity, teamwork, project management and one-on-one networking sessions with the industry experts.
- Must be 18-30 years of age
- Transcript of completion of English Studies 12, or equivalent
- Transcript of completion of Math 11, or equivalent
- Proof of completion of, at minimum, one of a Carpentry Foundation Program or an Ironworker Foundation Program
- Proof of completion of, at minimum of one year’s work experience in the Carpentry or Ironworker trade
- Basic computer proficiency is highly recommended
- Must be located in lower mainland British Columbia or Vancouver Island
We are especially interested in supporting women, female-identifying participants and people of colour.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or comments.